The Marie Curie Innovative Training Network entitled “Machine Learning Frontiers in Precision Medicine” brings together leading European research institutes in machine learning and statistical genetics, both from the private and public sector, to train 14 early stage researchers. These scientists will apply machine learning methods to health data. The goal is to reveal new insights into disease mechanisms and therapy outcomes and to exploit the findings for precision medicine, which hopes to offer personalized preventive care and therapy selection for each patient.
Our third Summer School will take place in September 2021. The virtual event will be free and open to everyone.
- Science is Wonderful! - Five MLFPM fellows participated in “Science is Wonderful!” on November 10-26, 2021. The initiative aimed to bring together Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions researchers worldwide with classrooms from all over Europe in an online event to inspire pupils and provide a sneak-peek into the exciting world of research. On the event platform, teachers could browse the profiles… Continue reading Science is Wonderful!
- Recordings of third MLFPM summer school online - Recordings of all talks of the third MLFPM summer school are now available on YouTube.
- From Madrid to classrooms in Texas and Sweden – Skype a Scientist - Recently, MLFPM fellow Emese Sükei from University Carlos III de Madrid was able to talk to school kids from Texas and Sweden about her research and to inspire them to become scientists. Read her report below. “During the Covid-19 lockdown last year, I discovered Skype a Scientist, a program that matches scientists with classrooms worldwide.… Continue reading From Madrid to classrooms in Texas and Sweden – Skype a Scientist
- Recordings of second summer school online - The recordings of the talks at the second summer school are now available online on YouTube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWkPAA8TOl55kQEG2YI5G38xrFnxaMZBB
- A peek inside your brain – Science Summer in Munich - Recently, MLFPM fellow Lucas Miranda from the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in Munich, participated in an outreach event where he got to inspire kids and adults for science and raise awareness for mental disorders. Read his report below. “On August 22, 2020, I participated in the “Science Summer” organized by the Deutsches Museum in… Continue reading A peek inside your brain – Science Summer in Munich