The Marie Curie Innovative Training Network entitled “Machine Learning Frontiers in Precision Medicine” brings together leading European research institutes in machine learning and statistical genetics, both from the private and public sector, to train 14 early stage researchers. These scientists will apply machine learning methods to health data. The goal is to reveal new insights into disease mechanisms and therapy outcomes and to exploit the findings for precision medicine, which hopes to offer personalized preventive care and therapy selection for each patient.
- MLFPM joins forces to help fighting COVID-19 - The MLFPM board has decided to use our established European research network for working on collaborative projects on COVID-19. With over 10 years experience in collaborations on Machine Learning for Precision Medicine, we will be able to contribute to the European efforts to fight COVID-19. If you you are a medical researcher who is facing… Continue reading MLFPM joins forces to help fighting COVID-19
- Save the date: Second MLFPM Summer School - We are happy to announce that our second MLFPM summer school is scheduled to take place on September 21-23, 2020, in Liège, Belgium. More information will be available in in due course: https://mlfpm.eu/2nd-summer-school/
- Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year! - We wish everyone joyous and relaxing holidays and a happy new year 2020!
- First MLFPM Summer school was a great success - Around 100 young scientists participated in the event providing an exciting mixture of scientific courses given by PIs of our network (Karsten Borgwardt, Bertram Müller-Myhsok, Tal El-Hay, Krista Fischer, Volker Tresp and Tobias Heimann), talks on recent research results by renowned experts in the field (Lili Milani, María Rodríguez Martínez, Nikolaus Rajewsky and Lena Maier-Hein) and complimentary skills courses (Heinz… Continue reading First MLFPM Summer school was a great success
- MLFPM PhD positions available at ETH Zürich in Basel - We still have one open call for applications for a position in our network: ESR2 will work on Machine Learning and Causal Inference to Optimize Genomic Interventions using Disease State Representations with Caroline Uhler at ETH Zürich in Basel, Switzerland: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/442413 (Application deadline: September 30, 2019).