The Marie Curie Innovative Training Network entitled “Machine Learning Frontiers in Precision Medicine” brings together leading European research institutes in machine learning and statistical genetics, both from the private and public sector, to train 14 early stage researchers. These scientists will apply machine learning methods to health data. The goal is to reveal new insights into disease mechanisms and therapy outcomes and to exploit the findings for precision medicine, which hopes to offer personalized preventive care and therapy selection for each patient.
- Happy Holidays and best wishes for the New Year! - We wish everyone joyous and relaxing holidays and a happy new year 2020!
- First MLFPM Summer school was a great success - Around 100 young scientists participated in the event providing an exciting mixture of scientific courses given by PIs of our network (Karsten Borgwardt, Bertram Müller-Myhsok, Tal El-Hay, Krista Fischer, Volker Tresp and Tobias Heimann), talks on recent research results by renowned experts in the field (Lili Milani, María Rodríguez Martínez, Nikolaus Rajewsky and Lena Maier-Hein) and complimentary skills courses (Heinz… Continue reading First MLFPM Summer school was a great success
- MLFPM PhD positions available at ETH Zürich in Basel - We still have one open call for applications for a position in our network: ESR2 will work on Machine Learning and Causal Inference to Optimize Genomic Interventions using Disease State Representations with Caroline Uhler at ETH Zürich in Basel, Switzerland: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/442413 (Application deadline: September 30, 2019).
- Summer school schedule online - The (tentative) schedule of our summer school is now available on https://mlfpm.eu/1-summer-school/. We are also continuously adding the abstracts of the talks.
- MLFPM PhD positions available at IBM Research – Haifa and Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems - Two PhD positions in our network are open: ESR14 will develop and apply causal inference methods and machine learning technologies applied to high dimensional cancer patients data with Prof. Michal Rosen-Zvi at the Healthcare Informatics Department in IBM Research – Haifa, Israel: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/436992 (Application deadline: September 4, 2019). ESR5 will work on “Deep representations of somatic mutations… Continue reading MLFPM PhD positions available at IBM Research – Haifa and Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems