The Marie Curie Innovative Training Network entitled “Machine Learning Frontiers in Precision Medicine” brings together leading European research institutes in machine learning and statistical genetics, both from the private and public sector, to train 14 early stage researchers. These scientists will apply machine learning methods to health data. The goal is to reveal new insights into disease mechanisms and therapy outcomes and to exploit the findings for precision medicine, which hopes to offer personalized preventive care and therapy selection for each patient.
On March 11, 2021, the MLFPM Winter Symposium 2021 will take place:
- Recordings of second summer school online - The recordings of the talks at the second summer school are now available online on YouTube: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWkPAA8TOl55kQEG2YI5G38xrFnxaMZBB
- A peek inside your brain – Science Summer in Munich - Recently, MLFPM fellow Lucas Miranda from the Max Planck Institute of Psychiatry in Munich, participated in an outreach event where he got to inspire kids and adults for science and raise awareness for mental disorders. Read his report below. “On August 22, 2020, I participated in the “Science Summer” organized by the Deutsches Museum in… Continue reading A peek inside your brain – Science Summer in Munich
- First MLFPM Publication - The first MLFPM paper has been published. The work “Network Aggregation to Enhance Results Derived from Multiple Analytics” by MLFPM fellow Diane Duroux, PI Kristel Van Steen and their collaborators has been accepted for Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations (AIAI 2020) and is available here http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-49161-1_12 and in our MLFPM open data repository (https://zenodo.org/record/3929189). Congratulations!… Continue reading First MLFPM Publication
- 2nd MLFPM Summer School: Online! - Our second will take place online on September 21-23, 2020! While we are sad that we won’t be able to meet in person, we are excited about this opportunity to make the event accessible for a wider audience. More information will follow soon!
- EUvsVirus - Certain regions like Lombardy and Alsace are hit particularly hard by COVID-19, resulting in heavily overloaded hospitals and critical care units. At the same time, the burden is much lower in other regions nearby. Would it be possible to distribute the patients more efficiently, resulting in better care for the patients and a lower burden… Continue reading EUvsVirus