The Marie Curie Innovative Training Network entitled “Machine Learning Frontiers in Precision Medicine” brings together leading European research institutes in machine learning and statistical genetics, both from the private and public sector, to train 14 early stage researchers. These scientists will apply machine learning methods to health data. The goal is to reveal new insights into disease mechanisms and therapy outcomes and to exploit the findings for precision medicine, which hopes to offer personalized preventive care and therapy selection for each patient.
- First MLFPM Publication - The first MLFPM paper has been published. The work “Network Aggregation to Enhance Results Derived from Multiple Analytics” by MLFPM fellow Diane Duroux, PI Kristel Van Steen and their collaborators has been accepted for Artificial Intelligence Applications and Innovations (AIAI 2020) and is available here http://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-49161-1_12 and in our MLFPM open data repository (https://zenodo.org/record/3929189). Congratulations!… Continue reading First MLFPM Publication
- 2nd MLFPM Summer School: Online! - Our second will take place online on September 21-23, 2020! While we are sad that we won’t be able to meet in person, we are excited about this opportunity to make the event accessible for a wider audience. More information will follow soon!
- EUvsVirus - Certain regions like Lombardy and Alsace are hit particularly hard by COVID-19, resulting in heavily overloaded hospitals and critical care units. At the same time, the burden is much lower in other regions nearby. Would it be possible to distribute the patients more efficiently, resulting in better care for the patients and a lower burden… Continue reading EUvsVirus
- Qlucore Omics Explorer for MLFPM COVID-19 projects - MLFPM beneficiary Qlucore makes its Qlucore Omics Explorer (QOE) available for free for COVID-19 related research to all MLFPM members during a 6 months period. QOE is a software program focused on rapid data exploration and interpretation. It is used by scientists in more than 35 countries, and there are more than 600 articles in peer-reviewed journals referring… Continue reading Qlucore Omics Explorer for MLFPM COVID-19 projects
- MLFPM joins forces to help fighting COVID-19 - The MLFPM board has decided to use our established European research network for working on collaborative projects on COVID-19. With over 10 years experience in collaborations on Machine Learning for Precision Medicine, we will be able to contribute to the European efforts to fight COVID-19. If you you are a medical researcher who is facing… Continue reading MLFPM joins forces to help fighting COVID-19